Because of your profession, your resume for nurse practitioner needs to be flawless, and highlight your experience in the medical field. Be sure to include all experience in the medical field, your passion for the medical profession, and everything you have accomplished. The following tips will help you write a killer resume for nurse practitioner.
1. List Your Personal Information First: List your full name, including your credentials, your full address, and phone or cell phone number where you can be quickly reached. You should also add a professional email address. Do not add a number or email that you do not check regularly.
2. List A Summary of Qualifications: Rather than a generic objective, use bullet points to list skills in resume for nurse practitioner. Briefly mention your certification and years of experience. Describe clinical skills, commitment, if you have been a mentor, conducted research, etc. Use words like “goal oriented”, “professional”, and “leadership”.
3. List Professional Experience in The Field: List most recent work experience first, with the title of the medical office you worked in, city and state, and states worked. Below that, in bold, write your title, such as case manager, or staff nurse, etc. Describe the work you have done for each listing. Be specific, for example: “Collaborated with physicians and team members in the treatment, and care of patients”.
5. Training: As a nurse practitioner, it is understand that you participated in clinical practicums. List the most recent first, where it took place, the specialty involved, city, state, and date of clinical.
6. Professional Affiliations: You should be a member of the Association of Nurse Practitioners, along with one in your state. Don’t Forget to mentioned it in resume for nurse practitioner.
7. Awards: If you have won any fellowships, scholarships, or grants, add them here. Describe in detail what they were for, and the dates they were received.
7. Community Service: Have you participated in blood drives, or free assessments? If so, list them in this section of resume for nurse practitioner.
8. Other Skills: List other skills, such as computer, technical, or anything that will be pertinent to the position with which you are applying.
9. For New Graduates: If you are applying for your first NP job, make a section noting your clinical rotations. Note the name of clinic, and number of hours. Include the specialty of focus of the clinical and add details, such as number of patients seen per day, skills and procedures you have mastered, if they were under supervision or independent.